Ground Mount Solar PV Leominster, Herefordshire
Achieving maximum generation with Ground Mount Solar PV at Manor Farm
Alt-Group were approached by existing service and maintenance customer, Andrew Morris at Manor Farm who operate a poultry farm based near Leominster, Herefordshire.
The farm was consuming 400,000kWh’s per annum from the grid and looking to expand further over the coming years. The site was already benefitting from an existing 100kWp of Solar PV with an export agreement for 100kW.
Alt-Group undertook a full feasibility study with the Andrew at Manor Farm, the District Network Operator and the local authority on the suitability of a ground mounted solar array to ensure capacity for Manor Farms ever growing demand. Following this Alt-Group were successfully awarded the project and proceeded to secure a further grid connection for increased import capacity and Solar PV generation at 300kWp, followed by approval for planning permission of the Ground Mounted system.
The project was delivered timely in 2021, ensuring the customer is benefitting from more than 300,000 kWh’s of renewable energy and saving over 70,000 tonnes of CO2 per annum.
Andrew at Manor Farm, comments…
“With a large annual consumption from the grid, we were keen to introduce Ground Mount Solar to the farm to optimise the existing system and achieve maximum generation.
Having worked with the group for some time on our service and maintenance for the farms Biomass Boilers we knew that they would be the right team to navigate us through all the requirements a Ground Mount install requires. Alt-Group worked on our behalf, keeping us informed throughout the whole planning process, while securing our grid connection at the same time – saving us a lot of direct effort.”
- System Key Facts and Predictions
- 70 tonnes of CO2 emissions avoided per annum
- 300kW with 450W JA Solar Panels
- 304,148 – units of energy produced per annum
- Solis Inverters
- £25,357.15 savings, assuming 60% of electricity is used on site
- 16.95% – projected first year return on capital invested, before capital allowance benefits
- 6.5 years system payback – before finance, tax and capital allowance benefits
- £956,295.63 – Net benefit of system over 25 years, after indexation
*Amended to September 2021 rates.